Jamaican passports are issued by the Passport Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA) in Kingston. All passport applications from outside Jamaica must be made through the nearest Jamaican Embassy or Consulate. In order to avoid delays, applicants are advised to carefully read the instructions on the passport application form, complete and sign all relevant sections, as well as submit all the necessary supporting documentation. Passport applications must be accompanied by the following:
• Completed, signed and certified Passport Application Form;
• Original birth certificate;
• Original Marriage, Divorce, or Death Certificate, as appropriate;
• Two (2) identical colour photographs, one of which should be certified by the same official who signs Section F of the application form. Machine photographs not accepted.
• The photograph should not be more than six months old;
• The subject should be front facing with no obstruction to the ears, eyes or forehead;
• There should be a natural reflection of applicant’s features in colour and tone;
• There should be no shadows in background, glare on face or spectacles;
• No head covering or headbands (except for religious purposes);
• It is recommended that facial expression remain neutral or sober;.
• The colour of your clothing should not be the same as the background of the photograph in order that there is clear visibility of the form of the applicant. e.g. No white shirt against a white background.
• Expired or current Jamaican passport;
• Police Report in the case of lost passport;
• Requisite passport fee (see Fee Schedule)
• Other photo identification (such as Driver’s Licence, National ID, Residency ID)
• Parent(s)’ passport in the event the applicant is under 18 years of age. This must be the parent named on the Birth Certificate/Adoption Register.
Please note that passport applications may take 4 – 6 weeks to be processed.
For detailed information please follow the link: http://www.pica.gov.jm/?page_id=949